Tuesday, August 27, 2013
The Simplest Butternut Squash Soup
1. Wash the unpeeled butternut squash. Cut it into large chunks.
2. Place the chunks in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil; lower heat, cover and cook until can be easily pierced with a fork.
3. Remove pot from heat. Remove squash with a slotted spoon and allow to cool slightly. (DO NOT THROW AWAY COOKING WATER)
4. Scoop cooked squash out of skin and place in blender with a cup of the cooking water. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder. Don’t go crazy here--you’ll be tasting and maybe adding more later.
5. Blend, adding more water a little bit at a time till the soup reaches the desired consistency.
6. Return to pot and heat slightly over low heat. Taste and add more salt, pepper or garlic powder, if desired.
Does anyone know of a simpler soup than this BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP?
My other blog is CORNING NY STEP BY STEP -- a view of the city where I live.)
CORNING NY STEP BY STEP is now on Facebook. LIKE it and you’ll see when I post a new entry to that blog, plus there will be extra photos of people, places and things of Corning that didn’t make it into the blog.