Sunday, October 16, 2011
Most of the food blogs I follow are written by women. Recently I began following two blogs written by men and The Zesty Cook is one of them.
When Zesty posted an entry about cooking scallops with a raspberry sauce, I couldn’t resist.
Leave it to a man to lead me astray into the land of high-priced, decadent scallops and raspberries. Yet, I have to say, “Thank you, Zesty!”
(based on “A Raspberry Scallop” by Zesty Cook)
10-12 sea scallops (Using smaller scallops, figure on one-half to two-thirds of a pound)
salt & pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup raspberries plus several extras to garnish the finished dish
CLICK ON ANY PHOTO TO SEE AN ENLARGED VERSION.
1. Pat scallops dry and lightly salt & pepper each side.
2. Melt butter and EVOO in fry pan over medium heat.
3. Saute scallops 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Lower heat if they are cooking too fast.
4. Remove pan from heat; lower heat to medium-low. Remove scallops to a plate.
5. Return pan to heat and stir in brown sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and raspberries.
6. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
7. Return scallops to pan and spoon sauce over them.
Step by Step in the Kitchen is now on Facebook. Take a look and "Like" the page. I'll be posting extra notes and photos there.
Visit my other blog ~ Corning NY Step by Step, a pictorial view of the City of Corning NY.